South Fulton Parens for Education is founded on the idea that parents have the ability to change the face of education with a vision of making the area South of I-20 the most academically challenging schools in Georgia by 2030. If you want to get more involved in your community and have a passion for education, we want you! SFPFE is now accepting applications for new volunteer board members until August 14, 2019. Applications received after this time will not be considered. Interviews will take place between August 15th and August 30th. Board members will be announced on September 1st, 2019.
Board activities directly support the South Fulton Parents Strategic Plan and on-going work in the community. Board members commit to at least 5 hours of volunteer service per month, including board meetings. The board meets monthly on the third Sunday of each month.
The Board ensures the organization does the best work possible in pursuit of its mission. Board members believe in the purpose and the mission of the organization and act responsibly and prudently as its steward. Board Members report to the Chair of the Board of Directors. Each board member commits to the following duties for a three-year term:
- Promotes South Fulton Parents for Education to the public and act as a spokesperson and champion
- Attends at least 10 board meetings per year
- Adheres to the current fundraising strategy of South Fulton Parents for Education
- Provides an average of 5-10 hours/month in volunteer service to the organization (including board meeting times)
- Acts in the best interests of South Fulton Parents for Education
- Makes a personal financial contribution that is significant to the Board Member
- Works in good faith with the parents and other board members toward the betterment of South Fulton Parents for Education
- Is an active participant in the annual evaluation of South Fulton Parents for Education programs and budget
- Makes introductions to SFPFE when appropriate
Who Can Apply?
Anyone who is interested is invited to apply! South Fulton Parents for Education seeks to create a diverse governing board that is representative of metro-area residents with a wide range of perspectives and education needs.
To apply, complete this application by August 14, 2019, by 11:59 est.
Know someone who might be interested in applying? Encourage them to apply!